Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Countdown Begins

Less than a week until Christmas. This year we have intentionally simplified.
  • We put up a tree and hung stockings and that was it for decorations.
  • We didn't send out Christmas cards, but only returned cards to those who sent us one. This is the second year we've done so and the cards we received were far less than last year.
  • We have limited the amount of presents we are buying and giving.
  • We are more spontaneous, inviting people over, going out to look at Christmas lights.
  • We are reflecting on all of the good gifts we have every day, a warm house, nice clothes, plenty of food, a loving family. We are the richest people in the world.

My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I couldn't think of anything. I feel God's peace and joy deeply in my soul. Psalm 63 says, "My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods." This year I can honestly say, I am satisfied.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too :). Satisfaction is an awesome feeling!!

Katherine said...

I like your ideas. The simplification here in the Weston household has been more necessary than intentional, but a relief nonetheless. =) Glad you're enjoying your blessings this Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased to say we've simplified in much the same way - and (except for our week just gone) this Christmas season has been a lot more relaxing and enjoyable because of it.
There is nothing more rewarding than the feeling of being blessed and grateful for what we have.
xx

Maddy said...

I could certainly do with a little dose of that spontenaity around here.
Happy Holidays

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"which takes you straight to my new blog.

LAA and Family said...

How wonderful, we're trying to simplify a bit too. We traveled this year, so there were a lot of things we had to cut back on, and everything turned out great!