- We put up a tree and hung stockings and that was it for decorations.
- We didn't send out Christmas cards, but only returned cards to those who sent us one. This is the second year we've done so and the cards we received were far less than last year.
- We have limited the amount of presents we are buying and giving.
- We are more spontaneous, inviting people over, going out to look at Christmas lights.
- We are reflecting on all of the good gifts we have every day, a warm house, nice clothes, plenty of food, a loving family. We are the richest people in the world.
My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I couldn't think of anything. I feel God's peace and joy deeply in my soul. Psalm 63 says, "My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods." This year I can honestly say, I am satisfied.