Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Missing Burger

(G wearing his favorite t-shirt "Vader was Framed")

As stated before G ate a sandwich. It was wonderful. Since then I've tried to put condiments on the bread and he refused to eat it. I've tried different meats and so far Turkey and Ham are OK. Yay! So I thought I would try different breads.

G will eat cheeseburgers at home or with no pickles or onions from McDonalds or Burger King (health food freaks I don't want to hear it desperate times call for desperate measures...) Anyhow, I thought I would try and stretch the bread thing and I bought egg bread buns. They taste just like white bread but the bread has a yellow tint. G wanted nothing to do with it.
So last night I left the bun next to a burger patty and a slice of cheese and went outside to the garage. Why did I go outside? I finished some work for National Autism Resources and I didn't want to obsess over will he eat it or not. Also, when he is alone w/o pressure many times he does better.

After a while I came back in and the burger patty was gone, but everything else was left on the plate. I asked G did you eat the burger? He said no. Now its about 7:00pm and I'm tired, and at this point I don't care about the bun, I want the truth! So I asked again, G did you eat the burger? He replied "I said no!" He had some irritation in his voice which made me irritated so I told him, "you know what go to your room because I don't want to look at you right now." So he left to his room.

A little while later I found our bloated wiener dog and put it all together. That pig had jumped on the table and stole G's patty! Its times like these when I hate being a parent.

So I walked into G's room and apologized. I find myself apologizing more and more to my kids. I'm saving up for college, but maybe I should start saving up for their future therapy sessions.

4 comments:

JoyMama said...

Apologies are important.

I figure, though, let 'em pay their own therapy bills. Our generation had/has to, right? :-)

I love the "Vader was framed" T-shirt, and what a perfect illustration.

walking said...

No parent is perfect! I think the key is to repair the relationship and keep on trucking.

I think the dog owes you both an apology! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love the shirt.


Yeap somedays parenting sucks mightily. I think as long as we admit to our mistakes and apologize we are raising our children to be stronger because they learn that their is strength in admitting you were wrong and making it right with the other person.

Tracey M said...

I really enjoyed your blog, thanks for sharing.