Monday, May 26, 2008

Kit Kat Passed Away

Yesterday at 3:00pm my friend Kit Kat died. I wasn't a member of her family so I couldn't see her one last time. I was able to help the hospital connect with her three sons, so they were with her when she died. The sad thing is she had congestive heart failure, but that's not why she died. She died because someone beat her so badly she couldn't recover. I'm a little shocked so I'll end with Psalm 23...

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

6 comments:

Angela DeRossett said...

(((HUGS)))...Offering condolences and prayers.

MiSScNeLLY said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. May God comfort you during this time.

Katherine said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope that whoever hurt her will be caught. I'm glad that you were able to help her family be there for her. Sorry, friend.

walking said...

I am so sorry about Kit Kat. She was blessed to have people who cared enough to reunite her with her sons in the end.

Jen P said...

Oh bonnie! That just makes me teary. You are an amazing woman and I can see God's light shine through you. I can hope to be as bold and caring and loving as you. I'm honored to be your "blog friend." My sympathies to you, your friend, and her sons.

LAA and Family said...

I haven't visited you for a while and was very sad to read all of your posts about Kit Kat. I'm sorry that things did not turn out better for her. I admire you for helping out as you did. I'm sure her sons appreciate your help in contacting them so they could see their Mother again.