Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Deprssion Stinks!


Wow, I had a bad day yesterday, I had to force myself to get anything done. I've been lax on taking care of myself and doing CBT. My sleep has been off and I know that is directly related. S0000o no more caffeine after lunch, starting tomorrow. I would have started today but I realized I already blew it while charting my behaviors. (I keep track of my behaviors and track how different behaviors make me feel.) On a positive note, I found I love reading blogs, I must have read them for a couple of hours yesterday.

Maybe that isn't so positive...

Hmmmm I'll have to think on that one.

Its been over a year since I was diagnosed with "clinical depression" and I still can't believe I'm not over it. I've prayed, pleaded, begged God to let it stop... but still I have days like yesterday. At least every day isn't like yesterday anymore. I keep thinking of:

My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. 2 Cor 12:7 The Message

I want to be glad to let this happen, but right now I'm going to just try to remember God's grace is enough, God's grace is enough, its enough.

4 comments:

MiSScNeLLY said...

God's grace is enough. What a beautiful passage. I will keep this in mind as well.

I wish you the best.

Maddy said...

We all need something to pull us through on some days.
Best wishes

walking said...

Bonnie,

I am so sorry you are facing depression right now. You are in good company because, if you read enough of the psalms, David sure had depression at certain times in his life . . .

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

depression does suck. it sucks the life right out of you. i hope this day is brighter than the last :)