Sunday, June 3, 2007

Christmas in June

Today I went to church for the first time since my surgery. I was dreading people asking me "how are you." Recently my friend "Louise" told me that if you dress up people will treat you better. This is because studies have shown people treat you based on what you look like. They taught this at a Kaiser hospital seminar she attended. Armed with this information I decided to see what would happen if I really fixed myself up. I did my hair & make up and I wore a new outfit my friend Katherine helped me pick out. At church it was non-stop compliments! People told me I looked great, like I've lost weight, that it was great to see me... It was fun. Then people started to ask me how I felt. I replied with "I'm feeling better" which was true because all of the compliments made me feel better. Honesty with ourselves and others is such a great idea, but sometimes so hard to implement. Anyhow, that's a subject for another day.

Currently I am enjoying Trader Joe's Wintry Blend Medium Dark Roast. It is a Vienna roast with peppercorns, cloves and cinnamon. It's a Christmas blend I enjoy on occasion and with all of my new clothes it kinda feels like Christmas.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I'm glad your 1st day back went well... it always helps to be feeling gorgeous! I had such a great time yesterday - I'd love to shop with you anytime!

-Katherine =)